Too nice for my own good!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
4 replies 678 views
RFWRFW Forumite
9.6K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
Just received negative feedback from a customer. He had complained something wasn't as described. It was (sold loads of them without a problem), but I never argued, just issued a refund straight away and left it there.
His neg wasn't for the description but for him having to pay for a return. The thing is I never asked for a return, I told him he could keep it. Sounds like he ended up packing at as a packet rather than a large letter too.

Replies

• porto_belloporto_bello Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Does this buyer leave an unusually high proportion of negs and neutrals - or have they set their feedback to private, by chance?
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
    ...If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    Groucho Marx
  • ThinkingOfLinkingThinkingOfLinking Forumite
    11.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd message him and ask him if he returned it, and if he didn't, say you assume you have been mixed up with another seller and would he accept a feedback revision request from you.

If no joy there, then try calling or emaling eBay - they can see your message history with the buyer,
  • campdavecampdave Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    I have a problem with buyers leaving feedback saying the item is "too small" when I give the dimensions in the title, several times in the listing and provide a picture for scale. Everytime I've had CS remove the feedback as I've described the item perfectly and the customer hasn't read it.
  • RFWRFW Forumite
    9.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this buyer leave an unusually high proportion of negs and neutrals - or have they set their feedback to private, by chance?
    They're fairly new. The original message came in the form of a dispute, from the new changes, so my guess is they have seen from Ebay on that that they need to return and ignored my message. I've messaged them to see what they say.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals