super fast delivery to Australia

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
4 replies 484 views
soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
67.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭✭
Goodness gracious, I appear to have just got something to Australia standard airmail in less than a week :eek:

Recently my Australian post has been mega slow, I dread having lots of 'where is my item' cases open as 2-3 weeks has been normal for delivery. However this item was posted Monday and I've just received glowing feedback.

Crikey
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide

Replies

• JonathanAJonathanA Forumite
    464 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Wow! I hope we're as lucky. We posted an item there on 21st March and have already had the buyer asking where their item is. Managed to placate them so far...
  • campdavecampdave Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Recently had 5 days. Delivery seems to be a lottery there, had as quick as 5 days and as long as 3 weeks before. Guess it takes longer to reach some of the really out of the way places.
  • porto_belloporto_bello Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    I've completely blocked the USA from my auctions, airmail seems to work ok, but their customs are something else! :(

And even if all goes well, US buyers seem to expect delivery about 8 hours after the auction ends, and when the item fails to materialise, I get a :mad: email!... Frankly I'd rather my unwanted items gather dust at home than head across the Atlantic!
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
    ...If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    Groucho Marx
  • ListerbelleListerbelle Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Oz-UK-Oz used to be fantastic many years ago.

My Mum in Oz would send me a letter in London on a Monday, I'd have it in my hands in time to reply and have it back to her on the Friday or Saturday.
    Summer fun: continuing my Buy Nothing, Kondo-ing quest as we hurtle towards multi-generational financial freedom.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals