Sky 50% off for 12 months offer is back

New Post Advanced Search

Sky 50% off for 12 months offer is back

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
7 replies 2.6K views
ladyj83ladyj83 Forumite
13 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
I just saw someone post this on my facebook, it looks like the Sky 12 months half price offer is back for a day:

http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/sky-tv-offer

It says offer ends 28th Feb on the Ts and Cs

It's half price on the additional sports, movies and entertainment packs as well.

Bargain!

Replies

• MexasMexas Forumite
    152 posts
    Very nice, tempted to switch now!
  • lee111slee111s Forumite
    3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even cheaper than the MSE deal from a few weeks ago as you get HD half price for 6 months! Never mind eh.
  • nobilenobile Forumite
    574 posts
    Anything for previous customers?
  • lee111slee111s Forumite
    3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not if you've been with them in the past 12 months!
  • chels87chels87 Forumite
    34 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Glad I saw this, is getting set up for when I move. Was unable to set up online as it would not find the address but called and the guy I spoke to even extended the half price HD to a year rather than 6 months. Pretty happy with that.
  • This is amusing because I cancelled Sky today.
    My 50% deal is coming to an end (Sky + Ent Extra + HD + Multiroom).
    Cancellations (Retentions) didn't even bother to try and keep me - just said that there were no offers on my account because there was already an active offer.
    I don't see Sky as Value for money at £50pm (TV only), but was happy to pay £28. They declined so I had to proceed with the cancellation.

I don't understand why they spend so much effort (and money) trying to bring in new customers while simultaneously letting existing ones go without any attempt to retain them. I guess they must think most won't go through with the full cancellation. I did before 2.5 years ago and managed 18 months with no Sky. Guess I'm doing the same again.
  • melbellmelbell Forumite
    488 posts
    pgregg wrote: »
    This is amusing because I cancelled Sky today.
    My 50% deal is coming to an end (Sky + Ent Extra + HD + Multiroom).
    Cancellations (Retentions) didn't even bother to try and keep me - just said that there were no offers on my account because there was already an active offer.
    I don't see Sky as Value for money at £50pm (TV only), but was happy to pay £28. They declined so I had to proceed with the cancellation.

I don't understand why they spend so much effort (and money) trying to bring in new customers while simultaneously letting existing ones go without any attempt to retain them. I guess they must think most won't go through with the full cancellation. I did before 2.5 years ago and managed 18 months with no Sky. Guess I'm doing the same again.
    Because you are doinng a year then "Oh gimme gimme gimme" (an offer) they can see all this so most in sky would rather see you go because you arent a profitable customer.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support