🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Creation

Options
Has anyone applied for an increase on a creation credit card? How long did it take? I got an email to say i would hear in 5 working days.

Thanks
Janette. xx

Comments

• stephane_2
    stephane_2 Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Options
    Generally the increase if accepted is available within 24 hours....it means that they want to look into your request in more details, so could go either way...
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    you must of had it atleast 6 months
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have found creation very strict with increases as of late. They have refused any limit increases my partner and I have asked for in the last year. Which is odd, as we have always paid far more than the minimum before the due date and never gone over limit.

Back in the day however they gave me three increases in one year.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • oceanscape
    Options
    izools wrote: »
    I have found creation very strict with increases as of late. They have refused any limit increases my partner and I have asked for in the last year. Which is odd, as we have always paid far more than the minimum before the due date and never gone over limit.

Back in the day however they gave me three increases in one year.
    Exactly the same experience as me. I've for the creation MasterCard (previously Silver) and the FlyBe card. Used to always get increases but in the last 12 months I've applied 2 or 3 times for an increase and consistently been rejected without reason.
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    I've been refused an increase recently. Never used the card in months so not really sure why I even tried lol.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport