tesco ppi

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
6 replies 1.5K views
chris1804chris1804 Forumite
115 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
in 2008 i had a tesco loan and i no there was ppi on the loan in 2009 i paid it off, im trying to claim the ppi back but i contacted tesco today because i dont have any paper work for it any more with my account number on to send off to them but when they checked on there system they said they couldn't find my info just my current loan i have with them, what do i do now? still send the letter off to them and explain in the letter?

Replies

• toofytoofy Forumite
    209 Posts
    Hi Chris, I phoned Tesco last week to check my details, the guy I got on the phone informed me to send a cheque for £1, payable to Tesco Bank, to request a SAR to the following address -

Back Office Team
    Tesco Bank
    PO Box 27009
    Glasgow
    G2 9EZ

Hope this helps..good luck :)
  • toofy wrote: »
    Hi Chris, I phoned Tesco last week to check my details, the guy I got on the phone informed me to send a cheque for £1, payable to Tesco Bank, to request a SAR to the following address -

Back Office Team
    Tesco Bank
    PO Box 27009
    Glasgow
    G2 9EZ

Hope this helps..good luck :)

thats great, dont want to sound thick but whats a SAR lol
  • toofytoofy Forumite
    209 Posts
    Subject Access Request - should detail any info relating to your loan.
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put the claim in with the account number you have for the loan that is running and ask them to look at the other loan that you had with them, did the second loan help to repay the first? if it did, then the remaining PPI on the first loan after the rebate for early settlement will have been repaid back by you in the settlement figure so you need this PPI back too if you were mis sold.
    They should find the first loan as it was only cleared in 09, if they don't, send a Sar request, that has already been suggested by Toofy, ask for all info they hold on you and give them 40 days to respond.
    Good luck.

• garynumangarynuman Forumite
    194 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Sorry, doesn't a SAR normally cost £10? Requesting a copy of the original agreement is usually £1

Gaz
  • toofytoofy Forumite
    209 Posts
    Just repeating the info I was given by the Tesco colleague over the phone. I thought a £1 cheque seemed odd too, but he repeated the info as I wrote it down, he definitely stated it was a SAR. I also had a current loan, & wanted to check on previous loans that were settled some years back. As he could only look up the current details I was advised to write to the Back Office Team.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals