entitlment to ppi claims

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
1 reply 397 views
skiny_2skiny_2 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
hi
We were sold ppi for our mortgage ,and we had to make a claime 5 years ago as i had copd, emphysema,fibro myalgia.they paid for the one year only, when i thought they would clear the debt as i will not ever get back to work.When we have looked at the agreement it does state they would only pay out for 1 year but never mentioned this when we took it out.
They are paying out in full for the loan we also had at the time, this is why we thought the morgage would be paid the same way.
Have we been missold ppi and if so where do we go from here.???

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    We were sold ppi for our mortgage ,and we had to make a claime 5 years ago as i had copd, emphysema,fibro myalgia.they paid for the one year only

Excellent. That means that you were eligible, knew about it and needed it.
    When we have looked at the agreement it does state they would only pay out for 1 year but never mentioned this when we took it out.

MPPI only ever pays out for 12 months and that is what the documentation will say.
    This is why we thought the morgage would be paid the same way.

Slight different on a mortgage. loans are typically 1-5 years. Mortgages are typically 20-40 years.
    Have we been missold ppi and if so where do we go from here.???

Nothing you have said indicates any mis-sale.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals