PPI - First National - A GE Company

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
3 replies 483 views
laurajo87laurajo87 Forumite
8 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi can anyone help me please?

I had a loan with First National back in 2004/2005 for a kitchen and I was paying around £69.00 per month.
I cannot find any paperwork i.e loan agreement, all I have is a letter from them in 2005 telling me the loan is paid up.
I wrote to them on 7th January 2013 requesting a copy of my loan agreement (as I cannot remember whether or not I took out PPI)
They responded with the following:

'Please note that last year we underwent a system change and we are no longer able to access accounts which have been closed over 6 years ago.'
'Although the account number quoted, is recognised as being a First National account this may well have fallen into the above category and we no longer have access to the accounts'

Is there anything I can do?

Please advise
many thanks

Replies

• McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have no requirement to keep old records now. If they have no records and you dont, it's brick wall time.

To be honest, if you cant remember whether you had PPI, you would be unable to provide a provable reason for having been miss sold if you indeed did have PPI.

Probably time to move on.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can try sending a SAR and see what they come back with but that will cost you £10 . See the front page for the sticky.
  • roonaldoroonaldo Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    if it were a kitchen loan, bet you it was sold by kitchen company, so you need to persue them. moben kitchens or someone like that?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals