Lloyds TSB

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
4 replies 455 views
amenglandamengland Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
I recently requested a copy of my credit agreement from Lloyds TSB. The agreement ended and was paid in full just over six years ago. As the agreement was taken out a considerable time ago I have not got any of the account information. I supplied them with as much information as possible, but they wrote back that without the account number they can not trace the account. They also stated that Section 78 applies during the lifetime of an agreement. If the account has been closed and paid in full, then there would no longer be a regulated agreement between us.

At the start of the letter they are saying that if I supply them with the account number they will help me. At the end of the letter they are saying that they would be unable to provide me with the documentation as requested regardless.

Are they hoping that I will just go away or do they have a fair point? Does anyone have previous experience of this type of situation?

Replies

• twinklertwinkler Forumite
    139 Posts
    Hi

I have experiance claiming back bank charges from Lloyds sometime ago and they do make things as difficult as they possible can! I would just continue as planned, see if you can find an account number which would help.

Im just posting a sar to lloyds today for an old credit card i forgot i had (from 2002-2004). Fortunatly i have a few statements showing there was ppi and an old account number though i dont have many statements, im hoping they will be able to find me on there records still.

Can i ask who you wrote the £10 cheque out to when sending the sar?

Kerrie
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You asked for a credit agreement on a closed account, and they don't have to supply this.

You send a SAR and £10 and hope there is something left to find with your account number on it. If you have interent banking, it will go back about 10 years, so check your statements there first for loan account numbers.

Kerrie - LloydsTSb Bank PLC
  • Thank you for your replies. I made the cheque out to Lloyds TSB.

I have got internet banking and have been with my building society for about fifteen years, but can not remember my form of payment to Lloyds. If any were by debit card I will be able to find them easily.

I will keep trying. Thank you again for your help.
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look for a payment to LoansDirect.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s