Double PCN is this legal?

Hello there
In Dec 2012 i received and collected one PCN by the council so i appealed and won my case i only found that out cos i had to email the council about 4 times.....then yesterday i received a £130 bill for the same offence but different PCN number issued by the same attendant 3 mins appart!

08/12/12
PCN ********06 time 10:25 didnt know it existed untl29/1/13
08/12/12
PCN ********17 time 10:28 appealed and successful

The fact is i only removed one PCN and i never knew the other existed it defo wasnt on the bike it seems what hes done is stood there and given me two tickets for the same offence for fun!. can this be legal? i am also becoming paranoid on this and i am dreading the post in case there are many more backed up in the system
thanks in advance
So many are born, Few are chosen

Automatic discharge 24.07.2010:p

Replies

• peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or is machine failure. Have you contacted the council? Have you appealed? Why did the council allow the appeal?
    I suggest you also post on pepipoo as they are ace on council tickets. You will need more info for them and include copies of all sides of all paperwork rec'd remove personal bits and leave times and dates.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • I did ring council, they say it stands, i asked how many tickets are on the bike and the reply i got was one ticket only!,they told me to lodge appeal, thats what i did to halt any further action i won my appeal on the basis of no photographic evidence and the boss of the parking guys told me this in e-mail

thanks for the link about pepipoo
    So many are born, Few are chosen

Automatic discharge 24.07.2010:p
  • ManxRedManxRed Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Procedural Impropriety is a phrase that springs to mind.

Go on Pepipoo.

My thoughts are that if the previous appeal succeeded then the same appeal should work on this second ticket also. Plus the add on of issuing two tickets inside the same 24 hour period for (presumably) the same contravention.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfection wrote: »
    I did ring council, they say it stands, i asked how many tickets are on the bike and the reply i got was one ticket only!,they told me to lodge appeal, thats what i did to halt any further action i won my appeal on the basis of no photographic evidence and the boss of the parking guys told me this in e-mail

thanks for the link about pepipoo

You must now appeal this other one all the way to adjudication. No more phone calls, follow the appeals process completely, with pepipoo's help.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides