🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Order in my partners name cancelled

Options
When applying for something on credit (in this case, camera equipment for my job) how exactly do they work?

I tried to get credit yesterday but failed due to the post I said earlier. However, me and my partner had a chat and she said that she would have it in her name and pay for it, but I'd just have to pay her back.

We went through the online Account and her credit report was accepted. We filled out the order, putting her name and address down as the account holder and payee, and my address down as the shipping address.

However, Woolworths have now dropped her credit limit from £600 to £0.00 and set the item as "Credit Rejected" obviously because the delivery address is down as me.

What reason do they have to do this exactly? I've never had my ISP cut me off because I'm the contract holder but I'm letting other people use my connection, so I would of thought this is pretty much the same.

My partner has never been overdrawn, and has never even had her bank account dip below £100 or missed any payments. Surely as long as she is the named account holder, they shouldn't really care where it's delivered?

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They care where it's delivered more so as it's a first order and not going to the account holders address, fairly standard rejection (anti fraud measure)
  • laurylaury
    Options
    It is simply the case that it is standard procedure for most retailers to only ship to the address where the card is registered for any first time orders for security purposes. It's only for future orders that they would normally let you ship elsewhere.

However, some retailers will only ever allow items to be sent to the same place as the billing address.
    £2013 in 2013 / £353.22 /£2013 so far
    Quidco: £53.15, Swagbucks: £30, Other: £27 AGC
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DJP90 wrote: »
    When applying for something on credit (in this case, camera equipment for my job) how exactly do they work?

I tried to get credit yesterday but failed due to the post I said earlier. However, me and my partner had a chat and she said that she would have it in her name and pay for it, but I'd just have to pay her back.

We went through the online Account and her credit report was accepted. We filled out the order, putting her name and address down as the account holder and payee, and my address down as the shipping address.

However, Woolworths have now dropped her credit limit from £600 to £0.00 and set the item as "Credit Rejected" obviously because the delivery address is down as me.

What reason do they have to do this exactly?

Back up a bit. That may not be why your partner was refused credit.

In October I bought my Mother a Nexus 7, specifically opening an isme account to do so - £30 account credit for opening a new account and 7% cashback, plus nine month's interest free credit. It would have rude not to accept such an offer. isme is part of Shop Direct Home Shopping, as is woolworths.co.uk.

I was staying with my Mother for a few weeks at the time, so I had the order delivered to her home address and not mine.

It went through fine and the Nexus 7 was delivered a few days later, despite the account holder address and delivery address of my first order being different.

There have been a few other posters here who have mentioned having their Shop Direct Home Shopping credit limited reduced to zero after placing their first order.
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    High value item.
    1st order to diffrent address....

RING RING.... Fraud alert.

But why not simply get it delivered to your partners address.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills