Life insurance cover for anxious people !!

I am in the process of changing my life cover policy because its currently so expensive. The problem is that a few years ago i suffered from a spate of anxiety. I went to see the doctor, went on tablets and within a couple of months made a full recovery. When you tell and perspective insurers this they seem to load the premium up. What i cannot understand is that a massive number of the population suffer from depression / anxiety and do they all have to accept these high premiums from the leading life assurance/insurance companies. I am perfectly fit and healthy now, but i dont want to pay through the nose for a previous health issue. Has anyone found a sympathetic company to deal with in this situation ?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Different insurers will look at different medical condititions in different ways.

You would need to refer to each underwriting department to see how they will consider your case. I say you but I mean your adviser as underwriters will only speak with advisers as that is part of the advice process. If you dont want to do that, then it's pot luck and each decline or rating requires you to declare it for the rest of your life on any future life or protection insurance application. You dont want too many of those on your file as you will never remember them.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure