Does everyone get "withheld" on Primus calls?

in Phones & TV
4 replies 967 views
lympus48lympus48 Forumite
116 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
Just a little query- seemingly with our provider Primus or maybe its 18185( I an mot sure which) the recipient gets number "Withheld" when we ring using our landline

Is this a function of Primus/18185 communications or is it something else; it just emerging as a problem as I notice some recipients ( perhaps not wanting unwanted calls ) are now refusing such calls. I had one near London yesterday and had to ring the person on my mobile!

Replies

• It's OK with 18185, or it was the other day when I asked my dad to check it for me.

Mind you I thought it would withhold the number.
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    18185 (and 1899, 18866) give 'International' at certain times on certain days. It appears to be mainly weekdays at peak times but, at other times, CLI in international format (0044xxxxx) is normal.

My CLI (in UK format) always accompanies my calls made via Primus.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • lympus48lympus48 Forumite
    116 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    If I interpret this correctly we are saying sometimes 18185 does withhold our numbers on other times it does not and Primus always gives out the caller's number.

Thanks Heinz
  • keefrtokeefrto Forumite
    281 Posts
    I received an email 2 days ago about this from Primus and they have stated that BT can only withold my number if I have their line rental and Primus cannot withold my number. So its a call back to BT to point this out!!
    Currently 4 me its Rogers Contract cell phone, REBTEL.COM is the best mobile making and receiving calls to/from UK and Canada:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES