🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Barclaycard

Options
I was wondering if anyone could help, I've never been offered a different interest rate in 12 years with barclaycard, I was made redundant and have found the payments hard do you they could switch me to a better rate? Have they ever offered help to anyone?

Thank you for reading x

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't know about Barclaycard, but for a similar general question and answers see this recent thread: Does Martin's suggestion to reduce Credit Card APRs work?
  • courtney22
    Options
    Thank you for your reply il have a look
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    courtney22 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could help, I've never been offered a different interest rate in 12 years with barclaycard, I was made redundant and have found the payments hard do you they could switch me to a better rate? Have they ever offered help to anyone?

Thank you for reading x

You'll defiantly get a different interest rate if you tell them you're struggling and I don't mean a better APR neither.

Arrangement to pay etc might be your best bet but expect your credit risk to shoot through the roof.
  • courtney22
    Options
    Thanks I'm not after applying a new card just wanted to see if there was a chance they could lower it so I know it's worth asking , fingers crossed .
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    courtney22 wrote: »
    Thanks I'm not after applying a new card just wanted to see if there was a chance they could lower it so I know it's worth asking , fingers crossed .

Depends I suppose what your current rate is. Raised a formal complaint about mine and they lowered it 8%, but that was because I had an Initial from when I was 18; I didn't want to close it as it was my oldest, but I didn't like the APR!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport