PPI Laura Ashley 1985

Hello

Does anyone have contact details for the underwriter of Laura Ashley Storecards? Sold in-Shop? GE Money/Santander now operate the card, however they basically don't wan't to know. They have referred me to The Financial & Leasing Assoc. as the card was opened over 20 years ago, they can't help.

I have called FOS who have said they can review complaint but they need the Underwriter.

Thanks very much in advance if you can provide any advice, encouragement etc. :)

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Give up. You have no hope on this one.

It is way before FSA regulation and the FLA cant help. The insurer has no liability. That is a standard line the FOS give out to everyone they cant deal with but there is only a very tiny window where they could apply. 1985 not being one of them.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • as the card was opened over 20 years ago, they can't help.
    Neither can anyone else, I fear.
    Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family