Expired voucher/coupon? Ask if you can still use it.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
babyshoesbabyshoes Forumite
1.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
Today we decided to treat ourselves to a takeaway (getting bored of Christmas leftovers), and remembered that the Indian restaurant we usually use when we want curry (because it is the nicest, not the cheapest nearby) had sent us a voucher for £5 off a £15 spend a while back. Unfortunately when I went to find the voucher, I found that it had expired back on the 15th. I was going to simply order from the cheaper place we sometimes use, but OH encouraged me to just call and ask if they'd accept the voucher even though it was expired. There was no quibble at all about them accepting it, so they got our business tonight. I was pleased, as they make a special dish I really like which other places don't. :j

The thing is, that they so frequently send out these vouchers I suspect their base price is a little higher to compensate. They'd rather have our business with less profit than not have it at all.

The moral of the story is to just ask in cases like this - the worst that can happen is that they say no and you either take your business elsewhere, or pay the higher price - your choice!
Trust me - I'm NOT a doctor!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals