Coronavirus: The latest from MSE
The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES
Husband has left work, they have deducted all his wages!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Basic rights at work & Redundancy
11 replies 37.9K views
- Basically, my husband is paid 4 weekly.
- He handed in his notice, followed company procedue and left his position (hes found a new job)
- we were expecting his last paypacket on the 5th dec
- having checked bank account he hadnt been paid, although he was due 2 weeks wages plus holidays
- after recieving his wage slip it revealed he was indeed paid £420. however all his wages had been deducted.
- after phoning up the HR department he was told he'd used all and more of his holiday entitlement.
- me and my husband are certain he has not used up all of his entitlement.
- we have briefly worked it out he has used 21 out of 22.5 holiday days.
- what can we do about it??
- weve phone up the payroll department but keep getting passed on from pillar to post, they say he needs to 'discuss' with his ex manager (they are not on great terms which is part of the reason he left) however we have not been sucsessfully in contact with him yet.
- surely they cant just deduct all his wages!! we are now living on the bread line and how now idea how we will pay the rent.
This discussion has been closed.