Forum Home» Citizens Advice Bureau» Housing benefit help

Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and PHI

New Post Advanced Search

Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and PHI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Housing benefit help
3 replies 32.5K views
poiple_2poiple_2 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Housing benefit help

I've been off sick since July 2010 from my full-time job. I'm in receipt of ESA and DLA and I also receive a % of my wages through a income protection insurance.

Does the insurance make me ineligible for council tax and housing benefit? I'm getting conflicting advice from various people when I ask.




  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    Youre household income is assessed for benefits, excluding the DLA, of course.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • It depends on many different factors. I suggest you put your details into an online benefit calculator such as the one at Turn2us - google 'turn2us benefit calculator'. This should give you an idea of whether or not you are entitled to housing/council tax benefit, and if so, how much.
  • CAB_Wyre_Forest_representativeCAB_Wyre_Forest_representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    117 posts
    Hello Eclectic

    In all cases we would advise that you provide all details of your income to the council and then they will assess your entitlement correctly.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to [email protected] as usual"
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support