M & s

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
3 replies 369 views
humphrdhumphrd Forumite
52 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
I today received my credit agreement with M &S. I had taken a chargecard out with them when in store years back which was then transferred to a credit card.

When I took out the agreement - I don't remember anyone telling me any rules around Payment Protection and the company I worked for provided us with 6mths full pay for sickness, enhanced redundancy payments, life assurance etc.

The box says "we strongly recommend you take this cover" but says the details are in this leaflet and Condition 8 of Terms of Use and there is nothing on either that states what is covers, only what it costs, shouldn't there be something a little more in depth ?

Be interested to hear of others experiences with M & S as I am just starting out on my PPI journey.

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When I took out the agreement - I don't remember anyone telling me any rules around Payment Protection and the company I worked for provided us with 6mths full pay for sickness, enhanced redundancy payments, life assurance etc.

A lot of M&S cards would be bought without anyone involved (e.g. leaflet). How did you buy yours?
    The box says "we strongly recommend you take this cover" but says the details are in this leaflet and Condition 8 of Terms of Use and there is nothing on either that states what is covers, only what it costs, shouldn't there be something a little more in depth ?

Not on the summary bits on the application.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • It was originally a chargecard and from memory was from someone in store either at the counter or on the shopfloor. At the top of the Agreement it says Application Form & Prize Draw Entry but for what I have no recollection !

There is nothing else i can see on the original application or accompanying notes that goes into any detail on what the PPI covers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    humphrd wrote: »
    There is nothing else i can see on the original application or accompanying notes that goes into any detail on what the PPI covers.
    It's just an application form handed out in store. Any complaint about this would be disallowed as the sale was "non-advised". You filled in the form of your own volition and so, rather than being mis-sold, you simply mis-bought.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals