Credit file - Freemans account help

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Threads
2 replies 1.2K views
cr1cr1 Forumite
53 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Threads
Hi All,

I use to use a freemans account many years ago,

Account was opened back in 1999 and i stopped using it in 2002, the account balance is £0

The account is still at my old address, not lived there for about 10 years now, As freemans still update my credit file every month (Last updated Sept 12), will it have any adverse effect on my credit file with it being at a very old address (Had 3 different addresses since living there)

I will write to them to either change the address or close the account, just want to know if there is currently any adverse effect with it being at my very old address and rest of my credit accounts being at my new address.

Thanks

Replies

• CAB_National_RepresentativeCAB_National_Representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    220 posts
    cr1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I use to use a freemans account many years ago,

Account was opened back in 1999 and i stopped using it in 2002, the account balance is £0

The account is still at my old address, not lived there for about 10 years now, As freemans still update my credit file every month (Last updated Sept 12), will it have any adverse effect on my credit file with it being at a very old address (Had 3 different addresses since living there)

I will write to them to either change the address or close the account, just want to know if there is currently any adverse effect with it being at my very old address and rest of my credit accounts being at my new address.

Thanks

Hi cr1 - this doesn't fall into our covered topics at the moment. We'd recommend anyway that you contact your local bureau as soon as possible for advice on this. It would also be a good idea to have any relevant paperwork to hand when you call, or with you when you visit.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to [email protected] as usual"
  • Fergie76Fergie76 Forumite
    2.3K posts
    If it's showing on your CRF, then other lenders may take your limit (not what you owe) with Freemans in to consideration, when considering any loan or credit agreement. This because you can take the laon with them, then the next day go and max out you Freemans account, which you then might not be able to afford.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support