New Post Advanced Search

Mobile Phone Problem (sent back broken)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Threads
1 reply 766 views
amardeepamardeep Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Threads
Hi all

i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice, back in june i sent my HTC desire HD back to HTC to get the GPRS and vibration fixed, everything else on the phone was working fine. when i received it back they sent a picture and a letter saying it had water damage so they refused to fix it. but when they sent it back they scratched the phone, lost the battery cover and broke the screen so now i cant even use the phone. i contacted HTC and spoke to several so called customer care managers and all they said was because the phone has been water damaged they wont touch it again due to their terms and conditions, i told them just to fix what they broke and they even refuse to do that.

i did drop my phone in the sink but nothing was wrong with it or so i thought, so i know where they are coming from with the water damage, but the phone worked fine before i sent it to them, i just want my phone back in the same condition as when i sent it to them to get repaired.

is there anything in the consumer rights acts or any legal information i can use to make them repair the phone to the same condition as when i sent it to them??

any help would be much appreciated

many thanks

Amardeep Singh

Replies

• edited 9 October 2012 at 11:05AM
    CAB_National_RepresentativeCAB_National_Representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    220 posts
    edited 9 October 2012 at 11:05AM
    amardeep wrote: »
    Hi all

i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice, back in june i sent my HTC desire HD back to HTC to get the GPRS and vibration fixed, everything else on the phone was working fine. when i received it back they sent a picture and a letter saying it had water damage so they refused to fix it. but when they sent it back they scratched the phone, lost the battery cover and broke the screen so now i cant even use the phone. i contacted HTC and spoke to several so called customer care managers and all they said was because the phone has been water damaged they wont touch it again due to their terms and conditions, i told them just to fix what they broke and they even refuse to do that.

i did drop my phone in the sink but nothing was wrong with it or so i thought, so i know where they are coming from with the water damage, but the phone worked fine before i sent it to them, i just want my phone back in the same condition as when i sent it to them to get repaired.

is there anything in the consumer rights acts or any legal information i can use to make them repair the phone to the same condition as when i sent it to them??

any help would be much appreciated

many thanks

Amardeep Singh

Hi Amardeeo - as this is a consumer issue, it's not being covered by our CAB representatives at the moment. We'd recommend that you contact our Consumer Helpline (08454 040506, Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm) or your local bureau for advice on where you stand, as soon as possible.

Before you do, we'd suggest that you have all the paperwork to hand (or take it in with you if/when you go into your bureau).

We hope this helps.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to [email protected] as usual"
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support