Student council tax

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Threads
2 replies 639 views
zerogzerog Forumite
2.5K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Threads
A student has interrupted his studies for 3 months.

According to google, full-time students remain exempt from council tax during interruptions unless these are longer than 12 months (unless they subsequently withdraw from the course, in which case they have to pay from the date they interrupted).

He has a letter from the university which states the new date of graduation as well as the dates of interruption. Does anyone know of the official source of information which I can present to the council in case they wrongly ask him to pay council tax during his interruption?


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals