PointBlog not refunding my £30

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
9 replies 1.4K views
shazada.pathanshazada.pathan Forumite
6 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
Pointblog runs a free trial. I tried to cancel within the free trial but got a message stating
"Sadly an error has occured in out system. It has been registred, and it will be corrected as soon as possible."
I did not use any of their service whatsoever.

They are refusing to acknowledge these things and I have stated that my only other option is to take legal action. I am happy to take them to court as it is clearly an unfair contract and there are devices setup to ensure people do not cancel but I wanted to know what other options I have before taking legal action. Thank you.

Replies

• We need far more information then what you've given such as what you/they have said and why they are not refunding
  • zaaxzaax Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Pointblog runs a free trial. I tried to cancel within the free trial but got a message stating
    "Sadly an error has occured in out system. It has been registred, and it will be corrected as soon as possible."
    I did not use any of their service whatsoever.

They are refusing to acknowledge these things and I have stated that my only other option is to take legal action. I am happy to take them to court as it is clearly an unfair contract and there are devices setup to ensure people do not cancel but I wanted to know what other options I have before taking legal action. Thank you.

I assume you paid by card. If so tell them your going to do a Section 75 (see above) they will loose the ability to take cards, and it will cost them a lot more than the amount you paid and mostly probably the company.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • section 75 of consumer credit act?

Here's some of the things they have said.

"I am writing to you regarding your request to PointBlog concerning the last withdrawal from your account.

Back when you took advantage of the original campaign you got a 14-day trial on our VIP membership. It clearly stated that if you do not unsubscribe within those 14 days your membership will then switch to a fixed continuous subscription as a full-paying VIP member.

Since it has gone further than the 14 days, we cannot refund your payment after the transfer has taken place."

I clearly explained that I had tried to do the refund but they state

"Hello!
    You could at any time have called or written to the support. Because you didn't do this, I'm sorry, but no refunds can be made."

I then stated it had been registered by them so notice clearly was given to which they replied.

"I can now confirm that your subscription has been terminated. However, your money cannot be refunded unless you can provide confirmation of cancellation within the 14 days right of return.

We're sorry, but we consider this matter closed.

Best Regards
    PointBlog.co.uk"
  • wealdroamwealdroam Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    section 75 of consumer credit act?
    Read here...
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

but be aware it is for purchases over £100.

Maybe your card company's chargeback scheme can help?
    Some more reading...
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

Can you provide proof that you cancelled within the 14 days?
    That sounds like the easiest option.
  • I had tried to cancel within the 14 days by clicking on 'cancel membership' but got the message:

"Sadly an error has occured in out system. It has been registred, and it will be corrected as soon as possible." So proof here is very difficult
  • wealdroamwealdroam Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had tried to cancel within the 14 days by clicking on 'cancel membership' but got the message:

"Sadly an error has occured in out system. It has been registred, and it will be corrected as soon as possible." So proof here is very difficult
    No screen print then?
  • s16 DOT postimage DOT org/l60u25o39/Fire_Shot_Screen_Capture_001_See_support_inq.png
  • just had a similar experience with these. Ripped off for £29 odd for a 10p memory stick that I still haven't received as I would not scan my passport or driving licence as proof of I.d. I got all the details through apart from a password to actually log in so I left it and forgot all about it til an email arrived on my mobile tonight which was a receipt for 29 pounds as payment for a vip subscription
  • RadoJoRadoJo Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    I had tried to cancel within the 14 days by clicking on 'cancel membership' but got the message:

I read that as the error has been registered, not your attempt to cancel. Did you make any attempt to contact them in another way/ e-mail/post/phone?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides