A+L 0.7% bonus expires in 30 days....

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
11 replies 800 views
Financial_SavvyFinancial_Savvy
385 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Fellow MSE's who have the Alliance & Leicester Direct ISA - Issue 2 who are currently getting 5.7% will note the bonus of 0.7% expires on 30/04/07

Question is, will they bring something else on to keep us happy or do we all bail!? If we do all leave, is the general conscious to create a new isa for the 2007/2008 year with a new provider like NS&I, or try and transfer the lot to another provider?

Replies

• masonicmasonic Forumite
    15.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Direct ISA issue 3 is already out. I don't recall the rate, but it isn't very impressive. Get transferring!
  • tanithtanith Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I am just transferring previous years ISA's can I do it anytime or do I have to wait till after April 6th? thanks
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    tanith wrote: »
    If I am just transferring previous years ISA's can I do it anytime or do I have to wait till after April 6th? thanks

You can initiate a transfer at any time, there's no need to wait for April 6th.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • masonic wrote: »
    The Direct ISA issue 3 is already out. I don't recall the rate, but it isn't very impressive. Get transferring!

Issue 3 is 5.4%

Given that it allows transfers in and is instant access, it's not too bad a rate.
  • SillychuckieSillychuckie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    You can initiate a transfer at any time, there's no need to wait for April 6th.
    Indeed.
    I jumped on the Newcastle bandwagon whilst they were offering 6.1% a month ago (unfortunately, no longer available). Didn't particularly want to wait last minute and managed to avoid the april rush.
    I wouldn't leave it any longer, pick your place and transfer sooner rather than later.
    15.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue 3 is 5.4%

Given that it allows transfers in and is instant access, it's not too bad a rate.
    Ok, but the same can be said of Abbey (5.75% on £9,000+) and YBS (5.65%).
  • fablad75fablad75 Forumite
    326 Posts
    I've started transferring mine to Nationwide's 1 year fixed rate of 5.85%. Hopefully I won't need to take it out anytime soon!
  • Doesnt this one pay a bonus until the end of april though (A+L)? > so would it pay to leave it in until the end of april before moving to another provider??
    15.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I transferred mine just over a week ago. The reasoning being that banks probably don't put a lot of resource on things like ISA transfers, so it seems sensible to beat the rush and avoid any long delays.
  • LycheeLychee Forumite
    442 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hi

I want to transfer my A&L Issue 2 ISA to one with a better rate in 2007/08. I have already max-ed 2006/07 ISA.

I also want to open a Barclays 6.5% ISA in the 2007/08 tax year, but this will not accept ISA transfers.

Just wanting to check that I am allowed to this (i.e. not subscribing to two ISAs in 2007/08), can I transfer my A&L ISA issue 2 into Issue 3 and also open a Barclays ISA in the same tax year?

I will only deposit money into Barclays, A&L is simply being transferred to get a better rate.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals