working part time but wanna go back to collage

Options
I work part time and parnter works full time, we have a son who attends nursery for 3 days. I want to stop working and go back to uni/collage/ but still have my son at nursery for 2 days while I study, Can I still claim working tax credit and child tax credits?

Pls Pls help me.

Thanks

Tracy

Comments

• gingergee
    gingergee Posts: 918 Forumite
    Options
    You can yeah but you will lose your wage. and if you get childcare paid for via tax credits it will stop x
    The feeling i got when i confirmed my place studying criminology at Exeter Uni was brilliant!!!!!

The pride my children told me they had in me was even better!!!!! # setting positive example to children is OUTSTANDING!!!! !:grouphug::grouphug::smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Your partner will be able to claim for you as a couple for WTC but funding for fees etc will depend on your level of study and what previous study you have done and what type of course you are intending to do.

Not sure why the other poster thinks your CTC childcare element would cease though !
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    Not sure why the other poster thinks your CTC childcare element would cease though !
    both parents need to be working over 16 hours before you can get help with childcare from tax credits

If you need help with childcare to study and you are not working 16 hours then you will need to try and claim assistance through student finance
  • gingergee
    gingergee Posts: 918 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers Caz!!! felt awful then, thought id given duff advice!!! x
    The feeling i got when i confirmed my place studying criminology at Exeter Uni was brilliant!!!!!

The pride my children told me they had in me was even better!!!!! # setting positive example to children is OUTSTANDING!!!! !:grouphug::grouphug::smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea
  • Mara69
    Mara69 Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    Options
    Alternatively, you could go to college part time (evening classes) or study with the OU. You'll be able to carry on working then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure