Stop that cat!!!!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
13 replies 2.1K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
Hi Guys

Just moved our 12 month old daughter into her own room. We'd like to leave the door open but we have a cat wandering round who likes to curl up to sleeping people. So for obvious reasons would like to keep her out of daughters bedroom during the night.

The obvious solution is to buy 2 gates and put one on top of the other but before I do that I thought I would ask if anyone on here has any bright ideas??

Thanks in advance

Replies

• terrierladyterrierlady Forumite
    1.7K posts
    we had the same problem with our granddaughter when she came to stay the two terriers took an instant liking to her and would not stop howling to be let into sleeping in her room,after various fences /gates/mustard strips around the door etc we gave in, one night she climbed out of the cot and all hell was loose the terriers came crashing into our bedroom barking etc and were we glad they did, she was only 18 months old and could have done anything, they now sleep at the foot of her bed in their baskets on each vist to protect her I guess.
    my bark is worse than my bite!!!!!!!!
  • Woby_TideWoby_Tide Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    have a look at my cat repellant topic in "Does anyone know a way to.."

think spreading some lions p!ss around the room is best option!!!!! :D
  • trutru Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't really think of anything, apart from keeping the cat downstairs, or shut in a room if you're in a flat.

You could make another door for your daughter's room, wood frame with some net curtain stretched across. Dunno if that would work very well, I just thought of it then ;D
    Bulletproof
  • FranFran Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a twelve year old should be able to sleep with her door shut. It seems like you want to go to a lot of trouble for nothing.

Woby - :D
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • plumpmouseplumpmouse Forumite
    1.1K posts
    I think a twelve year old should be able to sleep with her door shut. It seems like you want to go to a lot of trouble for nothing.

Think if you read his post properly its for a 12 month old not a 12 year old :-/. So the reason he wants to keep his cat out is so it doesn't sit on her face!!! Doesn't sound like a whole lot of trouble for nothing to me. :)
    Give me the boy until he's seven and i'll give you the man.
  • FranFran Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :-[ ::)
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Much appreciated.
  • md123md123 Forumite
    148 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    What about closing the bedroom door so cat can't get in. Use a baby monitor if you are worried in case you won't hear her.
  • You could try putting a wedge behind the door so the door will only open far enough for you to get your wrist in (although cats are slinky little buggers!)
    We shut ours in the garage at night - he has a cat flap to come and go as he pleases.
  • 1601199616011996 Forumite
    8.3K posts
    when my daughter was little i had a cat net for her cot, got it from a friend but think you can get them in chemists. Stretches over the cot so cat can't get in, but can sit on top, as ours often did, is very thin sheer material, so baby can still breathe.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support