Sky+ HD Question

I already have Sky+ and thinking about getting Sky+ HD

My current set up is Sky+ in living room with a standard sky box in other room (multiroom option)

My question is - If I get Sky+ HD (on self set-up) can the existing Sky+ be moved to replace the standard box I have in other room?

And if so can I do all this myself

Ta

Comments

• jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,397
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    rolo1 wrote: »
    My question is - If I get Sky+ HD (on self set-up) can the existing Sky+ be moved to replace the standard box I have in other room?

It can but it will require one more feed from the dish as Sky+ uses 2 feeds.

Ta

Depends on whether you can run another cable from the dish.
  • chib
    chib Posts: 537
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    As above, you will need two feeds to the second box you have. However, if you have two boxes now and one has two feeds you'll have a Quad LNB on your dish that will support this.

Why don't you call Sky and ask them if they can handle this as part of your upgrade from Sky+ to Sky HD... they'll probably do it without charge if you sign up for another 12 months.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    rolo1 wrote: »
    I already have Sky+ and thinking about getting Sky+ HD

My current set up is Sky+ in living room with a standard sky box in other room (multiroom option)

Ta

Sky do this as standard if you upgrade,just tell them you want to relocate the existing Sky+ to the bedroom,was known as a "Sky+ & relocate" on my jobsheet.The was no charge for this to be done.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,397
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Sky do this as standard if you upgrade,just tell them you want to relocate the existing Sky+ to the bedroom,was known as a "Sky+ & relocate" on my jobsheet.The was no charge for this to be done.

The OP said he was going to upgrade to Sky HD on self setup. As no engineer would call it's not going to be done for nothing.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    jem16 wrote: »
    The OP said he was going to upgrade to Sky HD on self setup. As no engineer would call it's not going to be done for nothing.

Ah....missed that bit...I'm seriously hungover & never ever drinking again!
  • jwelliott
    jwelliott Posts: 9 Forumite
    spike7451 wrote: »
    jem16 wrote: »

But surely if there is no charge for an engineer to do it then that would be the better option as you would not need to do it yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure