Opinions needed! Forum for non-engaged girls?

edited 30 May 2012 at 2:22PM in Weddings & Anniversaries
5 replies 732 views
HKittenHKitten Forumite
156 Posts
edited 30 May 2012 at 2:22PM in Weddings & Anniversaries
So I had an idea, stemming from the 'waiting for a proposal' thread, to make a forum for women who aren't engaged but who love weddings and talking about them :)

I partly had the idea because I'm not engaged and although I'm signed up to sites like hitched and confetti, I feel a bit out of place when all my posts start with 'I'm not engaged yet but...'

So if there were a forum made especially for girls in a similar position, who love planning and dreaming about their wedding but aren't actually engaged yet, would people be interested? Does anyone think this is a decent idea?

I already have an idea for a name - wannabebrides.com :o I'd love to hear people's thoughts.

Replies

• IdiophreakIdiophreak Forumite
    12K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it would keep all the crazies in one place, at least :D

Seriously, though...I don't think people mind that much whether you're actually engaged or not when starting or replying on a thread. You don't have to start posts with "I'm not engaged"...you can just start them "I thinK", "I like", "If I were you..." and so on.

Similarly, as a (dreaded) bloke - and a married one at that, I tend to contribute to B2B threads if I feel I've something useful (or sarcastic ;)) to say and don't think anyone really minds that.

I don't know how many things there are really *specific* to being a wannabebride...and not sure there are enough people who'd rather talk about that than actually talk real weddings on real wedding forums.
  • dizsiebubbadizsiebubba Forumite
    850 Posts
    I'm sure the Daily Mail would love it... they'd be able to write hundreds of stories about desperate bride wannabe's using the forum for their material!
    :jBaby Boy born December 2012 :heart:
  • floss2floss2 Forumite
    8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't want to be a wet blanket, but would it not just encourage even more extremes of Bridezilla-ishness if wannabe-brides can do all their planning before they've even been proposed to? And what do they do once they are engaged, and what say would their wannabe-husband have in the plans for what would be their day?
  • IdiophreakIdiophreak Forumite
    12K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    floss2 wrote: »
    what say would their wannabe-husband have in the plans for what would be their day?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    husband? say?

;)
  • floss2floss2 Forumite
    8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idiophreak wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    husband? say?

;)

We know you had some part in the planning...don't try to fool us!

Most guys want to have at least a little bit that is theirs, whether it be suits, band/dj, cars or even music to walk back down the aisle to.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals