traditional ice cream or sweet cart??

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
4 replies 1.2K views
plzhelpmesave!plzhelpmesave! Forumite
1.3K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
Hi

Is anyone having hiring one of these for their wedding day?

My sister saw one at someones wedding and really wants one, but it seems like a lot of money - about £250 for them to come and serve ice cream!!

She was looking at having small bags on the table and people can go andpick their own sweets from the cart for their favours...sounds fun!

What do you think? thanks

Replies

• sweetilemonsweetilemon Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ice-cream, yum! Im not really one for too many sweets though. It sounds a reasonable price but a lot to pay just for ice cream, then again I decided against the chocolate fountain for the same reason, just couldn't justify it.
  • smithkinsonsmithkinson Forumite
    192 Posts
    I'd go for sweets personally. Ice cream could get messy! A friend of mine had someone making candy floss and that was a hit.
  • 74jax74jax Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're having an ice cream van, but ours it at the beach so it makes sense, plus I want a photo of me in the van serving the guests.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • My mum went a wedding that had an ice-cream van instead of puddings, was a hit! I considered it but decided no-one would be hungry after hog roast and muffins.

I don't know how many guests you have coming but I would expect to pay at least £2 per person for an ice-cream.

I was going to have a sweetie table but the venue wanted £3 per person!! So instead I had 3 jam jars on each table, made little purple fabric hats for them and tied on with purple ribbon (color scheme) and filled them with sweets, doubled as table decorations and favours. I also had sweet names as my table names.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals