Favour ideas

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
14 replies 1K views
aileyailey Forumite
2.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
Does anyone have any good ideas on what to give as favours at weddings? In Scotland everyone at the wedding gets a favour. Years ago it was only certain people but it has evolved and no-one is left out. I would appreciate any ideas all you clever people always have. Many thanks. :)
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

Replies

• hmm....how about wedding towel cake , gifts box , and fridge magnet ,a client from UK use those to their guest .
  • SaLoGoSaLoGo Forumite
    1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I'm ordering some silver dragees from eBay, they look amazing and I wouldn't have known they were chocolate unless someone told me!
    :beer: Been smoke free for 4 years!! :beer:
  • stir_crazystir_crazy Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    I was going to have home made cinder toffee, but making wine glass charms and having a sweetie buffet now. I'm in Scotland too and the last few weddings I've been at the favours were home made fudge, sweetie buffet and the last wedding had the "wedding day" votive candles from yankee candle. The candles were just for the ladies though, so dont feel like you need to give favours to everyone (or at all, I've heard of people not giving favours).
  • OlokiaOlokia Forumite
    905 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I made two types of homemade jam put them in 1.5oz jars, wrapped one of each type in ivory organza and used a heart gift tag to write their name on it.

They went down really well.

I think guests prefer something that they can eat or use and they seem to prefer home made as it shows you made an effort.
  • bubbles0169bubbles0169 Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    were having cancer research pin badges, they mean something but you also get a cute present too

https://giveincelebration.cancerresearchuk.org/wedding-favours/create-your-favours
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • floss2floss2 Forumite
    8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had 'Just Married' rock, but then again we live & married in Blackpool...;)
  • lizd87lizd87 Forumite
    122 Posts
    Olokia wrote: »
    I made two types of homemade jam put them in 1.5oz jars, wrapped one of each type in ivory organza and used a heart gift tag to write their name on it.

They went down really well.

I think guests prefer something that they can eat or use and they seem to prefer home made as it shows you made an effort.

Hey I was thinking about doing this, but thought the jars would end up costing loads - do you mind sharing where you got them from and how much they were? thanks :)
  • Bride2be24Bride2be24 Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    For the ladies we gave "Forget Me Not Seeds" in memory of our loved ones no longer with us. For the men we gave lottery tickets, for the children we gave colouring books and pencils and some sweeties then for the pregnant ladies we gave small baby bib favours one pink one blue like these http://www.favourboxes.co.uk/product/christening__baby_shower_decorations
    :D :T Became Mrs Allison on 23rd April 2011 :D:T

:heart::D Also trying for a baby :D:heart:
  • smithkinsonsmithkinson Forumite
    192 Posts
    We are doing pint glasses with the image from our invitations, our names and wedding date printed on them. Our reception is in a pub so it fits. They look ace and I'm really excited to give them out!!

If it wasn't for my LO I'd have probably gone down the homemade route. I think little pots of jam, or little bags of sweets or biscuits are really nice.

Last wedding we went to we were each given a bag and each bag contained either a pot of jam or a bar of soap, and some stickers and other little bits.
  • edited 30 May 2012 at 7:28PM
    GrimbalGrimbal Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 May 2012 at 7:28PM
    lizd87 wrote: »
    Hey I was thinking about doing this, but thought the jars would end up costing loads - do you mind sharing where you got them from and how much they were? thanks :)

I've bought jars from these guys before. They do the 40ml pots for about 15p & the lids for about 7 or 8p

ETA: dont know if this is +/-VAT

ETA 2: oooooooh! Just seen that they will colour coat the jars for you - so you could match to your colour scheme :) price for 100 x 40ml jars with gold or black lids & transparent colour coating works out at about 50p/finished jar (40ml)

we also looked at:
    personalised love hearts - get your name & date on the wrapper

large slab of hotel chocolat loveliness for extra special guests

thorntons 3 choc truffles
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals