GAME Pre-order Price Promise?

I recently ordered a xbox 360 halo edition from game, the next day i got an email saying the xbox was not the right price and that the price has gone up but they would honour it due to their price promise policy. Anyway i just got another email off them now stating that since their was a technical error with the original price they will not honour it and have cancelled my order completely.

Where do I stand here? Do i have any right to complain at all? Is there anyway i can get them to sell to me at the original price?

Thanks for any information,

Scott

Comments

• No, there is no way you can get them to sell it at the original price.

Please see the FAQ in the consumer rights forum (just below this one).
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • unreal1ty wrote: »
    I recently ordered a xbox 360 halo edition from game, the next day i got an email saying the xbox was not the right price and that the price has gone up but they would honour it due to their price promise policy. Anyway i just got another email off them now stating that since their was a technical error with the original price they will not honour it and have cancelled my order completely.

Where do I stand here? Do i have any right to complain at all? Is there anyway i can get them to sell to me at the original price?

Thanks for any information,

Scott

i remember watching a programme awhile ago stating that if you get sold an item for a price then its yours at that price even if its a pricing mistake. once you have a receipt saying what price you bought it at then thats final. your in your right to keep it at that price even if the sellers demand you to give the amount of money back. i dont know if the rights have changed since then though
  • kermitfrog
    kermitfrog Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    jaaaames wrote: »
    ...if you get sold an item for a price then its yours at that price even if its a pricing mistake...

...i dont know if the rights have changed since then though

Nothing's changed, the OP hasn't bought the item so there is no contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure