Wife won't sign RX1 form on property excluded from IVA

Options
I am 17 months into a 32 month IVA. Monthly payment £1000. I am up to date with payments but I have recently been allowed a 2 month payment holiday to assist me. I own two properties in joint names with my wife. One property is part of IVA and has RX1 restriction in place. My original IVA agreement states in one clause that the other property which is our family home is specifically excluded from the IVA. But a later clause added late in prep of IVA to satisfy one of my debtors HMRC states that form RX1 must be completed in respect of both our properties within 3 months of IVA being approved. It has only come to light at my 12month review that the RX1 form for the family home has not been completed and we are now being chased by the IP to complete it, with a Breach Notice issued requiring the RX1 completion by 9th June. My wife is saying that she did not see the clause requiring RX1 form on both properties and is now refusing to sign the RX1 form in respect of the family home as she says that there is a clause in the IVA stating it is specifically excluded from the IVA. What should I do in this situation?

Comments

• Anondebtadvisor
    Options
    This should have been signed before or at the time your IVA approved. I dont see what she has to gain from being difficult because if HMRC make you bankrupt the trustee wont need her consent to realise the equity and one property certainly wouldnt be excluded in bankrupty.

Can you suggest she seeks some legal advice?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure