IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Parking Eye - Elgin

I know these "invoices" can generally be ignored however having just got one for going 13minutes over the maximum stay I noticed that in the picture of the car entering the car park you can see the face of the driver (who is not the registered owner/keeper).

Does the fact that you can see the face of the driver change how you would normally deal with these?
«1

Replies

  • How would they know the difference?
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • No. Is the simple answer. I have to type more since the forum doesn't accept posts of less than 10 characters...

    I don't think Parking Eye have a database of every face in the country, do you?

    They will look no further than the registered keeper, that's if they look at all- and the keeper has NO obligation whatever to say who the driver was. That's implicit in the proposition that he has NO obligation to reply at all to their asinine letters. So, whether you are the RK or the driver, Jasper, the reply remains the same- ignore the d*cks.

    I think that's gone over 10 characters....
  • ManxRedManxRed Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    And how would they know someone's name and address from a photograph? And how could they be 100% certain it was that person anyway. Lots of people look similar to other people, I myself look a lot like George Clooney (I reckon).
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Yeah, George is wondering why he keeps getting demands from Parking Eye.
  • vax2002vax2002
    7.2K Posts
    Forumite
    It is an impersonation of authority scam, all designed to worry you in to paying what legally is an invitation they have sent you to pay a private unsolicited invoice.
    60% fall for it, the other 40% keep their money and ignore them and ignore all the silly letters they send making al-sorts of silly empty threats, then they pretend to be debt collectors and solicitors, same people again, them they go away
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • [email protected]

    Thought that might be the case but just wanted to be sure before I put my argument to the otherhalf for not paying.
  • ManxRedManxRed Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Yeah, George is wondering why he keeps getting demands from Parking Eye.

    I've told George's agent to tell George to ignore these PPCs.

    What more can I do? Its not my fault God made me this good looking.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • there is no argument,, its a scam , so no need to argue,now you have won the timbuckto lotto of £45,million,,can you pay me £100-00 to administer this for you,,but please believe me its not a scam,, even though,,,,a) you did not enter and b) there is no such lotto,,so as i say,,,there is NO arguement,,just use the threat o grams as spare loo paper,, there you go,, jobs a good,,relax,feet up,,chill,,come on city tomorow.
  • Jasper07 wrote: »
    [email protected]

    Thought that might be the case but just wanted to be sure before I put my argument to the otherhalf for not paying.


    Use your noddle, Jas, tell her you're going to pay, get the money, then spend it on something for yourself instead, = everyone happy. Except Parking Eye, of course.
  • OrfordOrford Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Jasper07 wrote: »

    Does the fact that you can see the face of the driver change how you would normally deal with these?

    No it changes nothing. But it could be useful, should PE ever be stupid enough to isue a court claim against the RK, to prove that the RK wasn't driving and therefore hasn't commited any 'offence', trespass or breach of contract etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals