Brighthouse and other licenced loan sharks

Hello people,

I own a Debt Advice company and want to warn people about buying goods from Brighthouse. The primary reason for me starting my business is because I have been where you are all now.

I have received 6 calls this week from debtors owing money to them, not realising that the goods can be repossessed. Most of the callers have advised that staff in the Brighthouse stores have discussed accounts with known friends of the debtors and advised them of non payment. Some have advised heavy handed tactics threatening to send the boys round if accounts are not paid.

I know most of you are here because you are suffering debt problems, but please don't use this company for household goods. Many catalogues nowadays are competing with high street stores for white goods etc, alot of these are no longer charging interest, please try to use these alternatives if you can't obtain other credit.

Other companies to be avoided like the plague are Provident, Greenwoods, Shopacheck, Morses, Park Direct Credit........ the list could go on.

Replies

• carolwatcarolwat Forumite
    757 Posts
    Other companies to be avoided like the plague are Provident, Greenwoods, Shopacheck, Morses, Park Direct Credit........ the list could go on.

Of course you have good reason to name these companies and tell people to avoid them like the plague? How do you pay your wages if everything you provide is free?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides