Wedding Hairstyles

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
19 replies 1.7K views
pigsmightflypigsmightfly Forumite
1.1K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
Hi there :hello:

I am getting married next year and trying to get everything planned and organised this year so I'm not stressing out.

One thing I'm having a problem with (which sounds silly when you think of planning a whole wedding) is my hairstyle!

I have very long hair which sometimes won't all stay up so have been trying to get ideas for what I can do with my hair for my wedding.

I have searched on google but most websites are for short hairstyles and aren't very good and I have bought hair magazines but they don't really show up-do's just about dying hair, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Replies

• MrsTinksMrsTinks Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem :) Very thick hair and about 3 foot long... (and straight and impossible to keep up... ARGH!) I've been thinking of keeping it as simple as possible but to be honest go along to a hair dressers and ask them for advice and to show you pictures :) How I wear my hair might very much depend on what dress I finally choose so I'm hot going to decide for definite until then :)
    Some fo the wedding fairs also have hairdressers come along with pictures of hair do's etc so you can browse and get ideas :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • tine wrote:
    I have the same problem :) Very thick hair and about 3 foot long... (and straight and impossible to keep up... ARGH!) I've been thinking of keeping it as simple as possible but to be honest go along to a hair dressers and ask them for advice and to show you pictures :) How I wear my hair might very much depend on what dress I finally choose so I'm hot going to decide for definite until then :)
    Some fo the wedding fairs also have hairdressers come along with pictures of hair do's etc so you can browse and get ideas :)

Thanks for that. I've got my dress picked out so was wanting to get an idea about my hair so that I can decide whether to have a veil, tiara etc.

Think I'll take your advice on visiting the hairdressers. Seems the most obvious choice but didn't think of that one :rotfl:

I have been attending wedding fayres recently and took a picture of one of the models hair there!

Thanks for your advice and good luck to you as well. :D
  • BeclesBecles Forumite
    13.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is long and never stays in up-do's.

What about the sides pinned back with a tiara on, and the back loose with lots of curls put in? Here's what the hairdresser did with me!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/becles/DSCF0071.jpg

PS - I'll not be offended if you don't like it. It's just a suggestion!
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Becles wrote:
    Mine is long and never stays in up-do's.

What about the sides pinned back with a tiara on, and the back loose with lots of curls put in? Here's what the hairdresser did with me!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/becles/DSCF0071.jpg

PS - I'll not be offended if you don't like it. It's just a suggestion!

Hi!

Thanks for that! What a lovely picture!

I do like that style and will bear in mind I just also have trouble keeping curls in as well! Think I've got the most annoying hair ever!

Could get the hairdresser to try and put that in for me and see how long it stays in for.

• BeclesBecles Forumite
    13.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With mine, I got told not to wash it on the wedding day as newly washed hair is more difficult to work with. I washed it on the morning of the day before, rubbed a handful of styling mousse through and left it to dry naturally.

On the day, the hairdresser put each curl in with tongs. She sprayed the hair first, used the tongs and sprayed the curl again before leaving it to cool. When she'd done my full head, she just rang her fingers through to separate them a bit and sprayed the whole lot again.

The curls were put in around 1pm, and survived the wedding at 4pm, the reception meal and disco dancing like a mad thing and they were still in when we finally went to bed at 2am!

Was awful trying to get a brush through it the next morning with all the hairspray though :D
    Here I go again on my own....
  • LouBlueLouBlue Forumite
    53.5K Posts
    Becles - Gorgeous pic!!

Pigsmightfly - Do go to a good hairdressers. They are used to these sort of requests and will also do a practice run through before the big day to make sure it is absolutely perfect. Have a wonderful day and put the pics up please! :D
    A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition
    ~ William Arthur Ward ~
  • LouBlue wrote:
    Becles - Gorgeous pic!!

Pigsmightfly - Do go to a good hairdressers. They are used to these sort of requests and will also do a practice run through before the big day to make sure it is absolutely perfect. Have a wonderful day and put the pics up please! :D

Hi thanks for that - yeah think this is what I am going to do.

Wedding isn't until next year but will definately put pics on of what I decide to do.

• Becles wrote:
    With mine, I got told not to wash it on the wedding day as newly washed hair is more difficult to work with. I washed it on the morning of the day before, rubbed a handful of styling mousse through and left it to dry naturally.

On the day, the hairdresser put each curl in with tongs. She sprayed the hair first, used the tongs and sprayed the curl again before leaving it to cool. When she'd done my full head, she just rang her fingers through to separate them a bit and sprayed the whole lot again.

The curls were put in around 1pm, and survived the wedding at 4pm, the reception meal and disco dancing like a mad thing and they were still in when we finally went to bed at 2am!

Was awful trying to get a brush through it the next morning with all the hairspray though :D

Sounds painful but worth it - it looked lovely!

I'll get them to give it a go :o
  • I have my wedding to look forward to in June this year and i too have long hair that wont stay where its put!

I have decided to leave mine down, but have found someone on ebay doing alice bands/headbands which have flowers on which can match the colour of your dress etc. They are about £10 so i thought this was a good way of saving money on the day and not having hairdressers!
    Deliver us from email....
  • moozikgal wrote:
    I have my wedding to look forward to in June this year and i too have long hair that wont stay where its put!

I have decided to leave mine down, but have found someone on ebay doing alice bands/headbands which have flowers on which can match the colour of your dress etc. They are about £10 so i thought this was a good way of saving money on the day and not having hairdressers!

Thanks for that! That's another idea if none of the hairstyles stay in! :rolleyes:

Congratulations to you also :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals