Thanks everyone - finally got housing sorted :)

Hi

I heard back from the CAB today - unless I hear otherwise it sounds like they've managed to agree with the council amended payments of 260 pounds a month. The 510 they were asking for was a)misleading wording and b)bad maths - nobody can make sense of the logic there.

So, that's the rent sorted out to payments that I can afford - it's going to take three and a half years to pay the arreers off but at least I've still got a roof over my head and at least they will get paid off.

So thanks everyone for the advice they offered, and just listening, it helped keep me sane :)

Of course if anyone can suggest what to do about the rest of the debts....

--
Saubryn
DFW Nerd No. 140 :)
Status as of 30/11/12
[strike]Rent 2500 Council Tax 800 NlPower - 800[/strike][SIZE=-2]:j IF - 8000 :(British Gas - [strike]112[/strike] - 102 Lloyds - 1123
Barclays - 306 Barclaycard 1,123 HSBC - 200 Capital 1- 400 Barclayloan - 4500[/SIZE]

Comments

• nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    saubryn wrote:
    So, that's the rent sorted out to payments that I can afford - it's going to take three and a half years to pay the arreers off but at least I've still got a roof over my head and at least they will get paid off.

Glad that's sorted you must feel better knowing you have a roof over your head.

Of course if anyone can suggest what to do about the rest of the debts....

It might be a good ides to start a new thread with details of your income and outgoings and debts including interest rates so we can try to make suggestions to help with your debts.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport