IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Parking ticket ukpc

Ive got a ticket from ukpc has anyone know what should i do ive had about 3 letters from them, now its gone up from £60 to £150
And the last letter quiet frettening... So i not sure should i keep ignoring them or should i not??? Confused!!
Please help
Thanks Dan

Replies

• McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Keep on ignoring Danil, stand your ground, be brave lol.

The letters will soon stop, I promise.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • GromittGromitt Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    unenforceable, ignore.

They'll probably threaten with passing to a debt collection agency and may actually do it, but unless you receive a court order, ignore. Don't even bother replying.

BTW, I'm sure theres a better forum than Savings and Investments ;)
  • Yep the have passed it on to debt colecting agency ive got a letter!:o
  • Tell me which one im new and still got price tags
  • edited 29 February 2012 at 11:51AM
    give_them_FAgive_them_FA
    3K Posts
    edited 29 February 2012 at 11:51AM
    Lucky 'ole you! I never get a letter! Maybe that's because my name is on a database of people who never reply and never pay, so they know better than to waste postage.... You can join that database too Dan!

Keep ignoring buddy, once the fake debt collectors (often its just another desk in the parking company building) start, you are on the home stretch to them deciding you are NO MUG and giving up.

Edit: If you are getting letters from Debt Recovery Plus (probably UKPC using different headed paper) then you will get two telling you how much will be added on if they take it to court; followed by a discount (they will knock £20 off what you don't owe them, how generous) with finally a further discount of 100% because... er, that's it, we tried our best to scare you but you didn't fall for it.
  • danil wrote: »
    Tell me which one im new and still got price tags
    hi i'm on my fourth letter at the moment, two from ukpc and two from debt recovery plus but i am ignoring them as advised by the people on this forum.
  • Glen_ClarkGlen_Clark Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    i am ignoring them as advised by the people on this forum.

:T..ignore - irrespective of how bright the ink or what colour it is :eek::D
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • danil_3danil_3 Forumite
    11 Posts
    Fourth letter here debt recovery plus ltd ...
    Court costs can be £30
    Arangmant fee £15
    £25
    £36
    I have ripped it and binned it!
    Next please ( discount may be?)
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    The discount will soon be 100% when they finally give up
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard