We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Has anyone seen any frog spawn yet?

Options
There's a little bit of frog spawn in the pond on the allotment and today noticed lots of frogs frolicking in my pond. Though goodness knows where they all come from cos they certainly haven't been earning their keep in my garden by eating all the slugs! Has anyone else seen any spawn?

Comments

• wellused
    wellused Posts: 1,678 Forumite
    Options
    No frogspawn but when I was fishing yesterday the coots were mating like mad, either that or they were trying to drown each other.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    wellused wrote: »
    No frogspawn but when I was fishing yesterday the coots were mating like mad, either that or they were trying to drown each other.

Yep, our coots are at it too. And lots of nest building starting. We have some bramble to attack and if we don't do it this weekend i think we might have lost our chance for nesting season this year.
  • Itismehonest
    Options
    Loads of very noisy frogs here (SW) & tons of spawn. They're late this year which is strange given it's been milder than the last few.
    The toads have normally surfaced by now but no sign of toad spawn yet.
  • tubbee2
    tubbee2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    I saw frog spawn in a large puddle near a field runoff in the Peak District on Sunday - the week before the puddle had been frozen solid so the frogs have been busy! Also frogs are wakening up and preparations have started for the annual frog event in our pond in Cheshire - I love this time of year.
    tb2
    Artificial intelligence - no match for natural stupidity
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family