Wedding Dress Outlets

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
22 replies 11.5K views
Faith's_mumFaith's_mum Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
Hi,
I am getting married in the future (08 or 09 there is still debate, lol) I am just wondering if anyone knows of any wedding dress outlets, I know there is one at the McArthur Glen shopping outlet in Mansfield, but there is limited choice, and I'm sure there must be more as all the shops (monsoon, per una, next) have them, so surely the wedding dress makers do???
I live in Leicester, and am willing to travel to most places in the Midlands as I want a beautiful dress without the "beautiful" price tag, :rolleyes:
I would like to spend £400 or less if poss! :D
Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Em x

Replies

• JustieJustie Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Monsoon at places like Bicester sometimes have wedding dresses but not much choice and often size 8... although sometimes you hit lucky in other sizes.

Full price dresses in Monsoon are a lot less than £400 though aren't they?
  • I don't want to spend much on my dress either. I was looking in some wedding magazines and saw a few dresses i liked by a certain designer and bridesmaid dresses by the same designer. I then look round on the interent, same dresses same designer in america...but huge difference in price. The bridesmaid dresses in the magazine were from £160. On the website in America they were $101, which is about £60!!!!! a huge difference, and the same with the wedding dresses...most were between, £250-£500. They have outlets all over england and ireland for this desginer, so i will just go in, try on the dresses and then order the one i want from america.

So keep an eye out, or check out american websites. hope this helps
  • aurora_borealis_2aurora_borealis_2 Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen the M&S website lately?

They're just about to start selling wedding dresses. Could be worth a look ;)
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
  • bunty109bunty109 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    gron1979 wrote:
    I don't want to spend much on my dress either. I was looking in some wedding magazines and saw a few dresses i liked by a certain designer and bridesmaid dresses by the same designer. I then look round on the interent, same dresses same designer in america...but huge difference in price. The bridesmaid dresses in the magazine were from £160. On the website in America they were $101, which is about £60!!!!! a huge difference, and the same with the wedding dresses...most were between, £250-£500. They have outlets all over england and ireland for this desginer, so i will just go in, try on the dresses and then order the one i want from america.

So keep an eye out, or check out american websites. hope this helps

Just to warn you: you will have to get a quote for shipping which may not be cheap and you will have to pay customs duty. I've shipped stuff over from Abercrombie and Fitch and not paid customs on arrival, only to get a bill a few weeks later.

You also need to make sure you have someone reliable who can alter the dress if needed.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but it is something you have to bear in miind!
    MFW 2019#24 £9474.89/£11000 MFW 2018#24 £23025.41/£15000
    MFi3 v5 #53 £12531/
    MFi3 v4 #53 £59442/£39387
  • Just to warn you: you will have to get a quote for shipping which may not be cheap and you will have to pay customs duty. I've shipped stuff over from Abercrombie and Fitch and not paid customs on arrival, only to get a bill a few weeks later.

You also need to make sure you have someone reliable who can alter the dress if needed.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but it is something you have to bear in miind!

Yes i know this. Our bestman lives in america so the dresses will be sent to his address, and his mum and dad are going over in the summer and are going to take the dresses back for us. So should miss out on all of that :beer:
  • 1jim1jim Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a shop on UpperParliment Street in Nottingham city centre, opposite the old coop dept store that sells wedding dresses (last seasons/overmakes etc), not sure what they are called but will find out for you if you want, this is where myh wife got her wedding dress from and was around £300, included free fitting etc, was brand new and absolutly stunning. would highly reccomend them. let me know if you want the name, is well worth a trip into nottingham from leicester
    Jim
  • Rachie_BRachie_B Forumite
    8.8K Posts
    Justie wrote:
    Monsoon at places like Bicester sometimes have wedding dresses but not much choice and often size 8... although sometimes you hit lucky in other sizes.

Full price dresses in Monsoon are a lot less than £400 though aren't they?

was just about to say the same !!

OP if you buy a dress in the sales at a bridal shop ,maybe one that is "shop soiled" ( bit of dust along the bottom ,but grubby from being tried on etc) or end of line then you can get a fab bargain !

just get it steam cleaned then before you wear it :D

I bought my dress from a american site and saved a fortune ! yes you do pay taxes etc but it should still work out a lot less than you would pay in the UK !

My dress was anything from £700 - £1100 in the UK! in various bridal shops

I paid less than £350 inc all taxes etc :)
  • Fritha_2Fritha_2 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    If you're happy to buy off the internet you could what I did. I went and tried on dresses so I knew what style suited me then I purchased my frock from here

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Jewlz-Bridal-attire_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

The dresses are beautiful and great quality and really quite cheap!

Hope that helps and best of luck finding a frock :-)
    Comping, freebieing and trying to pay the mortgage off early!
  • You can buy mine if you want a pink wedding dress :D
    Just owe Dad £2500 for a new car
    :A

Paid off car loan 22nd August 2009. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals