We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Spring tidy up

Options
The sun is shining, forecast for warmer weather. Had a look round the garden and would love to tidy up by pruning hydrangeas, clematis, roses etc but feel it is far too soon, especially as in South East Scotland. What do others think?

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The sun is shining, forecast for warmer weather. Had a look round the garden and would love to tidy up by pruning hydrangeas, clematis, roses etc but feel it is far too soon, especially as in South East Scotland. What do others think?
    I didn't think it ever got warm in Scotland :eek:.

I have got a feeling that your perception of warm is my idea of freezing :D.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I didn't think it ever got warm in Scotland :eek:.

I have got a feeling that your perception of warm is my idea of freezing :D.

It does, honest! We are lucky where we are in the South East in that it can be milder than other areas. Being near the sea we don't get so much frost. Usually the flowering plants in my garden are a few weeks ahead of my sister's in Dundee. Double figure temperatures forecast for this week coming! Positively t-shirt weather.
  • blossomhill_2
    Options
    Do you call February Spring? Hydrangea would usually be pruned in Spring, otherwise it's a bit too early for me even in SE England. We can still get snow in Feb.
    But I agree it has been a lovely Spring-like day!
    You never know how far-reaching something good, that you may do or say today, may affect the lives of others tomorrow
  • Floozie
    Floozie Posts: 270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I live in Cumbria and I don't prune my hydraengas until the start of March, before then and I think they are susceptible to frosts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure