We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Garden screening

Options
Yorkie1
Yorkie1 Posts: 11,567 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I've got some screening at the end of the garden which is looking a little the worse for wear and needs replacing.

I have the option of bamboo slat, reed or brushwood screening.

Which do you think would be the most durable of the 3 materials (I recognise none are particularly long-lasting in the great scheme of things, but if one will deteriorate much more or less quickly than the others then it would be worth knowing).

Comments

• blossomhill_2
    Options
    Not the brushwood
    You can help the others last longer by putting in some extra wood batons across horizontally
    You never know how far-reaching something good, that you may do or say today, may affect the lives of others tomorrow
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks blossomhill. I'd probably have innocently gone for the brushwood without your advice; much appreciated. I've got lots of bamboo canes so can wire them on to the screening (which itself is wired onto metal railings behind).

I like a plan!
  • blossomhill_2
    Options
    Brushwood is good for wildlife but can deteriorate quickly if a bird or two starts stripping it for nests!
    You never know how far-reaching something good, that you may do or say today, may affect the lives of others tomorrow
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure