Wedding help

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
5 replies 715 views
boomans1boomans1 Forumite
24 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
We are planning to get married in Mexico in October this year but it seems to be coming up very expensive and was wondering if anyone had any advice.

We are also then planning to have a blessing back home (Dorset) when we get back. I am trying to keep costs down since we have an 8 month daughter and hence no money :(

We wanted an eveving blessing and then straight to an evening reception/buffet. The only places that let you do you own food etc are con/legion clubs etc but i dont really want to go there. Any ideas gratefully received ...........
Many thanks

Replies

• newlywednewlywed Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, can't help on the whole Mexico thing.

But for our wedding reception we hired a village hall about 15 minutes away from the town we live in. It meant it had a stage for the DJ, a kitchen area, tea urns built in and we could bring all our own food and drink. Worked out really cheap.

Hope that helps
    working on clearing the clutter
  • leblylebly Forumite
    218 Posts
    Local village halls are great. For the blessing et go t your local registry office to find out all the places that are registered to hold these ceremonies. I dont know where you are in Dorset but they are very helpful in Weymouth, so I dont see why they wont be same in Dorch etc.

How many people are you planning to invite? Do you know anyone with a largish house etc who would be willing to let you hold the evening do there?
  • I am in Bournemouth. We are planning to invite quite a few people which is why we are having an evening blessing so we skip the lunch etc and means we can include everyone. I was thinking about the house thing but i dont know anyone :(
  • leblylebly Forumite
    218 Posts
    nice beach! Bonza barbie!

Sweet talk someone in millionaires row!
  • GladGlad Forumite, Board Guide
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL]. :)
    STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals