🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Survived an IVA

Options
Hi

I have one more payment on my IVA left and then I am complete and have never missed a payment. I want to open a savings account and start saving the money that I would have usually paid into my IVA but I am finding it hard to find one I am eligeable for. Does anyone know of any bank I can apply to and if so what is the account called?

Thanks

Comments

• FoggyBrain_2
    FoggyBrain_2 Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Options
    Best bet is a Building Society. I have a savings account with Yorkshire Building Society and Skipton have told me they'd be happy to give me an account with them.
  • oplus
    oplus Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Best bet is the Mattress Bank :-)
  • FoggyBrain_2
    Options
    There is that oplus :-)
  • vicki488
    Options
    Hi,

I had a savings account with Nationwide while I was in an IVA. Then I closed it and opened 3 with Santander. As far as I am aware you can open any savings account as they don't include any kind of credit. I have never had a problem opening one during my IVA.
  • FoggyBrain_2
    FoggyBrain_2 Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Options
    Co-op are very unlikely to open a savings account for those in IVA's (for reasons best known to themselves, as they are great with basic current accounts). HSBC won't either, as, along with First Direct, they are extremely anti-IVA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 3 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport