First Time Buyer Guarantor Mortgage

Does anyone know of a guarantor mortgage provider who will :
-Give a 35 year term mortgage where the guarantor is 55 years old
-Not show the name of the guarantor on the deeds (to take advantage of the current stamp duty holiday for first time buyers)
-Competitive rate
-I have 20% deposit

Replies

• Yorkie1Yorkie1 Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't answer the specific questions but if you haven't yet started the conveyancing process I think it is cutting it too short to safely complete before the SDLT holiday expires on, effectively, 23 March. That's less than 8 weeks away.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    85.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The guarantor merely underwrites the mortgage (loan) . They have no registered interest in the property.
    Real insurance claim quote : -

"Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.".
  • Offer accepted
    Valuation done
    Guarantor Mortgage already offered
    Solicitor appointed two months ago so has done quite a lot of the conveyancing work but has only today advised that as both name of my son and I have to be on the deeds (and I already own my own property) that he doesnt qualify for the first time buyer stamp duty holiday.
    I know time is tight but wanted to check to see if there is a product out there that fits my criteria
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    85.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds as if you are actually named on the mortgage offer. So your options are extremely limited. Suggest you contact a local mortgage broker to run through your options.
    Real insurance claim quote : -

"Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.".
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS