NHH Dentist in Ballymena?

edited 31 January 2012 at 9:41PM in N. Ireland
13 replies 2.2K views
willowispwillowisp Forumite
121 Posts
Part of the Furniture
edited 31 January 2012 at 9:41PM in N. Ireland
Feels like im banging my head on a brick wall!!!!

ive lived in Bmna for 6yrs. Luckily i look after my teeth and have had no problems......but everyone knows that luck runs out and this week mine has.

I have tried before sitting with yellow pages and asking if they take NHS but every one of the answers waz "No". :(
To make matters perhaps a bit worse im petrified - seriously petrified of dentists. it takes me 10mins to force myself to get to the chair..... so i guess im asking for a sympathetic dentist too - one thats ok with knocking me out for even just a fiilling!!!

im also disabled and due to this am not working so going privately isnt really an option :(

i hope someone can help me find a dentist. i didnt know where else to ask.
thanks in advance

Replies

• happy_gardenerhappy_gardener Forumite
    319 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I changed dentists and joined an NHS one in Ballymena:

http://www.o3dentalstudio.com/index.php

There was an initial £10 admin cost, but since then we have been spending lots less when going to the dentist.
    Worth a phone call :):money:

With our last dentist who went private..... the only affordable way was pay-as-you-go, but even then it was extremely expensive. :eek:
    The other thing was that the last dentist never had an appointment in the month, whereas our new dentist you can usually get an appontment the same/next day if required. No worries.....:T
    :beer:
  • happy_gardenerhappy_gardener Forumite
    319 Posts
    ✭✭
    I also meant to say that the 'out of hours' doctor place (dalraida)...next to the seven towers leasure centre has a dentist bit...so if you get to the stage when you are going to pull your own tooth out in the wee small hours..you can always get help there :)
    :beer:
  • willowispwillowisp Forumite
    121 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    Thanks for the help guys,
    I had a reply from "Laura Jones Dental" in Ballymena who are accepting NHS patients.
    Ive registered, but does anyone know anything about them? Heard any good or bad news?
    Thanks again! :)
  • willowisp wrote: »
    I had a reply from "Laura Jones Dental" in Ballymena who are accepting NHS patients.
    Ive registered, but does anyone know anything about them? Heard any good or bad news?
    A friend of mine is a private patient there. She has only good to say about the place. My friend has spent a fortune on her mouth after years of neglect!! Go for it. ;)
  • cliffsgirlcliffsgirl Forumite
    364 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    willowisp wrote: »

I used to be a patient there before I moved away. They are very good and I am terrified of the dentist too. They are very understanding of nervous patients.
    121 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    Ok, im back and need some more advice.

Laura Jones is a really nice practice and id recommend them.
    HOWEVER - on a scale of 1-10 of being a nervous patient id rank right up there.
    They do not do IV or general anesthetic. having not been to the dentist for a while i need ALOT of work doing, and i want to be knocked out for it.

Unfortunately they dont knock you out.
    They referred me to a Dental practice called Grovsener Road Dental in Belfast. Ive tried to google them but they dont seem to have website.
    Does anyone know anything about them please?

My other option, which DOES have a website and makes a point about being good for nervous patients is High Street Dental in Ballymoney.

I guess im wondering which one should i go for? Theyd both charge for the IV but the rest of the treatment is covered by NHS.

Anyone any word on either?
    Thanks again!
    121 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    I also meant to say that the 'out of hours' doctor place (dalraida)...next to the seven towers leasure centre has a dentist bit...so if you get to the stage when you are going to pull your own tooth out in the wee small hours..you can always get help there :)

Thats where i ended up yesterday morning!! I was ready to climb the walls and the emergency dentist there was brilliant -doesnt cover Ballymena normally which is a shame!
  • nikkita_2nikkita_2 Forumite
    87 Posts
    hi,i have been to the ballymoney dentist to have a wisdom tooth out with sedation.They were very good,so good that i really dont remember much about it!
    Another dentist in bmena that accept NHS patients is the 03 dental practice!

Hope this helps!
    CHAMPAGNE TASTE.....LEMONADE MONEY

42/70 lbs weight gone forever
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    willowisp wrote: »
    Ok, im back and need some more advice.

Laura Jones is a really nice practice and id recommend them.
    HOWEVER - on a scale of 1-10 of being a nervous patient id rank right up there.
    They do not do IV or general anesthetic. having not been to the dentist for a while i need ALOT of work doing, and i want to be knocked out for it.

Unfortunately they dont knock you out.
    They referred me to a Dental practice called Grovsener Road Dental in Belfast. Ive tried to google them but they dont seem to have website.
    Does anyone know anything about them please?

My other option, which DOES have a website and makes a point about being good for nervous patients is High Street Dental in Ballymoney.

I guess im wondering which one should i go for? Theyd both charge for the IV but the rest of the treatment is covered by NHS.

Anyone any word on either?
    Thanks again!

I use the ballymoney practice and as a very nervous patient I have managed to sit through some very intense treatment without sedation as the dentist is fantastic

However I see them on the NHS so cant comment on their private practice. I got referred privately to the Rosconner Clinic in Ballymoney who offer sedation but once again with understanding staff Ive managed treatment without
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals