Hope I win soon....losing the will to live....

Comments

• I enter thousands. I have had a terrible few months. I enter the ones on here...twitter..facebook..local paper and havent had a win in months. :(
    Ask.. Believe.. Receive..

Every Accomplishment Starts With The Decision To Try
  • GeeBee38
    GeeBee38 Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Wishing and sending us all a lucky 2012

goodluck17.gif
  • it is strange when i first started i entered 2 and won 2 i have entered roughly over a thousand since and not a bean but hey ho i just treat it as a bit of fun
    £32 worth of prizes in 2015 so far
  • I had an email the other day telling me I'd won a competition which ended in October last year....We all have dry spells though. It should pick up eventually...
  • Keep doing it I've only been doing it a few months as I'm off work afta a accident, haven't had any luck but like the thought of winning, the other day I found out I'd won a pair of beautiful earrings from December worth £ 295, over the moon at my first win , so keep confident I didn't think I'd win anything and I have, just think it's because you are going to win something brilliant so it will be worth the wait x
  • southernsun
    southernsun Posts: 435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 January 2012 at 12:44PM
    I have not won much since September and have won nothing in December or January (so far). Used to enter nearly all the comps on here but in the last couple of months I have cut back on what I enter as we were moving home and was unsure when the completion date was going to be and I hated the idea of winning something and it going to the old address. We are in our new home now though so I will start entering more competitions again and hopefully start to win something soon. Only been comping since May last year so still really enjoying it as a hobby and keep telling myself the first big win is just round the corner.
    So far I have found that one month I will win about 10-20 comps (mainly little things) and then nothing much for a couple of months, its the excitement of what I could win rather than the disappointment of not winning.
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    . My husband thinks I'm mental, particularly as I say things like 'Darling would you like a new drill' before entering a comp for one :D Rofl

lol i do this all the time, or he gives me requests usually for cameras, telescopes, trains (hornby not real) and 40" 3d tv's too. just a shame i am not winning any of them for him tho hee hee
    Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....
  • cmacca I only enter about that many too.

If I'm demotivated, I just try and enter all the new ones in one go to get it over with..if you win one competition it will totally motivate you again. I stick to the belief that if you don't buy a ticket, you'll never win the prize...

But it can become deflating I agree
    'Love is like a brick - you can build a house or sink a dead body'
  • Alex_max
    Alex_max Posts: 375 Forumite
    Best advice is just to keep at it, you never know when your going to get a WEM or WTC. For instance, last year I only entered when I had time and never any dailies till I saw the anchor birthday giveaway, I entered once and onlybecause I wanted the cake stand but got a phone call a few weeks later to say I'd won a £1000! You just never know whats round the corner. Funny thing is, today I've just won the whole anchor teaset so got my cake stand too :D
    Advents 2016: Delonghi coffee machine, Lily O'Brien chocolate hamper, make up brush, Fujifilm Instax Camera, Longines scarf, 3 x books, blistex lip balm
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 January 2012 at 3:17PM
    Somebody has to win if a genuine competition.

BUT looking at the colgate plax draw there's 250,545 people already in the draw.

We all see the I WON, I WON posts but guess its a very tiny proportion of the amount of entries made V actually winning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure