Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Have you seen any good films recently - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Have you seen any good films recently

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
6.4K replies 374.1K views

Replies

• Thor was a good superhero movie. Looking forward to The Avengers in may now :-)
  • Always heard and read good reviews on Twilight, finally I got the chance to look at the first three films and I must say they were all very enjoyable. Now am looking forward to parts one and two of the last on (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn).:)
    You are 48% tight
    "You're frugal, you're thrifty, but on this site that's a little bit fab."
  • war horse will make you cry

But it is a bit too soppy ...I realised whilst watching it that I am not a big fan of Spielberg.
  • Middy wrote: »
    Watched The Town last night. Really good. I was given a 2 month trial with Lovefilm by a colleague. I will be continuing with the subscription once the trial ends. Saves me paying money on DVDs that I only watch once, still in their shrink wrap (may have to watch a couple of these during my 1.5 weeks off work) and the space to keep them all.

The Town is very, and surprisingly, good.

For me, Warrior is the best film in 2011.

Others... Crazy Stupid Love, Real Steel, Four Lions (genius but may be an acquired taste)
  • whuwhu Forumite
    23.5K posts
    Transsiberian was a good film
    Keep the Faith:cool:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • RikkiRikki Forumite
    21.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikki wrote: »
    I read all three Stieg Larsson books and then watched all three Swedish version films. They are very good.

I am waiting to watch the Hollywood version. It has a lot to live up too.

Went to see it this week. It was okay but typically spoilt the way only Hollywood can. It was missing a lot of the story, there was time as it was a long film but they chose to embellish rather then stick to the book.

I watched the Swedish version again and in my opinion is a better film.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THe last film I saw was 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' - superb!

All the actors are fantastic and it certainly knocks Spooks into a cocked hat!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • edited 29 January 2012 at 4:38PM
    cleggiecleggie Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 January 2012 at 4:38PM
    The last film i saw was Source Code. I got it from morrisons for about £5.
    i would really recommend it, i thought it was great!!
  • January20January20 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Horrible Bosses (on dvd fortunately): stupid and not funny at all

The well-digger's daughter: great feel good story

Sherlock Holmes-game of shadows: silly but so much fun and so entertaining.

Mission Impossible-ghost protocol: as above silly, funny and entertaining.

The Iron Lady: not the film I expected. Sad and typical lazy Hollywood production (big holes in the story) - but Meryl Streep is absolutely fab!
    LBM: August 2006 £12,568.49 - DFD 22nd March 2012
    "The road to DF is long and bumpy" GreenSaints
  • trutru Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched Source Code and Limitless over the weekend - both fab :D

Fell asleep during Thor and Conan The Barbarian - both boring.
    Bulletproof