Reasonably priced simple dieting dinners - help please

Ok so it is that time of the year when I really must think about losing a few pounds on my waist but not from my pocket!

I would love if dieting/healthy moneysavers could post their favourite recipes that are reasonably priced, simple, tasty and sub 400 calories!

Thank you in advance!!

Comments

• barmaid
    barmaid Posts: 63 Forumite
    Any ideas out there?
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    One of my favourites is cauliflower fritter served with salmon steak.

Marinade the salmon in a touch of soy sauce, garlic & mixed ground peppercorns. While it marinades I steam & mash a cauliflower mix this with 20g of parmesan & salt & pepper.
    Once cool enough to hold mould into patty shapes. Fry for the same amount of time as the Salmon, very nice & healthy also.
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    If you are looking for ready meal type things - you can find the WW range meals in fultons/herons (freezer shops) for just £1 each
  • barmaid
    barmaid Posts: 63 Forumite
    Thanks Pink Princess, sounds scrumptious! Will report back on how it tastes.

Inkie, I really enjoy cooking, but by the time the evening comes, if I can limit it to 30 minutes I am happy. Not really much of a fan of ready meals unless they are Waitrose Curry's but hey that's not too moneysaving is it!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I do Slimming World and we don't have to count calories. It's the one and only 'diet' I''ve ever tried and I'm an absolute convert. Sorry, that wasn't what you asked:o

I'd advocate stir fries, yummy!

I marinate the meat (it only needs the tiniest amount) in ginger, soy, garlic and maybe some 5-spice and a bit of stock if you want more liquid. You can set that up the night before. To be really quick in the evening then just fry (with spray oil like frylight) the meat then add a bag of veg and the marinade. Rice/noodles are optional. To make it a bit cheaper sort out your own veg, I just raid the fridge/freezer for bits of veg and add a 50p bag of beansprouts.
  • Kazipoo
    Kazipoo Posts: 806 Forumite
    You'll probably find that anything you make from scratch is far healthier than anything you can buy from the shops.

My fave meal is fajitas. Two wraps are approx 200 cals, stir fry your chicken, add peppers, onions and any other veggies you want, add fajita mix of your choice, or any spices you fancy, throw some passata in to moisten it all up. Heat up your wraps, add some chicken mix, add ooodles of salad, maybe a light sprinkling of cheese and some extra light mayo..... delish :D
    Starting weight 17st 4lb - weight now 15st 2lbs

30lb lost of 30lb by June 2012 :j:j:j (80lb overall goal)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure