EXTENDED: You've got another week to add your travel & holiday deals questions for expert MSE Oli as part of the latest Ask An Expert event.
can anyone help me? just joined here dont know what i am doing, need advice on an endowment mortage, a friend of mine had one about 20+yrs ago, they need to claim it back, there were married at the time, but have been separated a long time now (no contact made in many yrs)
can they claim without the one party being there? as they were the one who paid in to it ?


  • AnniseleAnnisele Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If the endowment policy is still in joint names, then the insurance company will want both policyholders to agree on where the proceeds should go - sorry.

    Was/is your friend married? Is it possible that the endowment policy was "assigned" to him/her at around the time of the separation?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy Price Cap change

Martin Lewis on what it means for you

MSE News

Best £1 you've ever spent?

Share your most impressive bargains

MSE Forum