We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Greenhouse growlights?

Options
cubegame
cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
On of the christmas presents I'm hoping to get for my other half is a nice big seedtray rack for her new greenhouse.

However, while we have heating in the greenhouse I'm worried that the light is a bit poor especially with the winter insulation.

Does anyone know of a decent system which could be relied upon to light a greenhouse well? It seems that looking for growlights seems to bring up lights which are designed to light small areas and so numerous ones would be needed!

Comments

• Sally_A
    Sally_A Posts: 2,266 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What do the Police do with the ones recovered from Cannabis Farm raids? Do they ever do these at their sales?
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sally_A wrote: »
    What do the Police do with the ones recovered from Cannabis Farm raids? Do they ever do these at their sales?

He he heh.

They probably spend time watching people who buy them if they do sell them.

My better half would be a bit freeked out if she was tending her bedding plant seedlings when a police raid hit.
  • alanobrien
    alanobrien Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yes they do sell them at local police sales but the issue with them is power consumption as most are metal halide etc. I use T5 sunblaster and full spectrum 6400k lamps from ebay, much cheaper to buy and run. A decent reflector is a necessity to make the most of the available light.
    I use the lights for about 8 hours at night to extend the short winter daylight hours for my tropical plants.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure