Santander Cards formerly GE Capital Bank

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
1 reply 1.4K views
diane0279diane0279 Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help??

I took out a store card with Debenhams which then transferred into a Credit Card. I wrote to Santander Cards just a couple of weeks ago to say that I think I was mis sold the ppi and wanted to claim back. I received a letter back from them today saying NO. They state in their letter that the agreement I signed required me to tick if I wanted the account cover. They very kindly sent me a copy of the Agreement however the Account cover box has an x marked in the box which was pre printed. They then went on to say that my insurance was upgraded in July 2003 which I have no recollection of. They have said that this is the end of their internal investigation and that if I want to go further then I have to contact the FLA. I have looked on the FSA website and Santander are regulated by them as from 1st December 2001. They say in their letter that I my credit agreement started on 2nd November 2000 (although the copy of the agreement they provided me with has not been dated). Can I go to the FSA instead of the FLA?

Any thoughts/help/experience would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Hi Diane

If this was arranged by Debenhams, then I am not sure if these were regulated at the time you taken out the account, even though it was passed on to Santander.

However, there is no harm in writing back to them again and tell them "You did NOT Tick the box" as it was already pre-ticked, so assumed it was all part of the package.
    And give them any further info you may have, ask if they will reconsider by 14 days, it you hear nothing or if they do not change the decision, refer to the Financial ombudsman Service(FOS), see if they are able to take the complaint on or not, otherwise they may even suggest the FLA who are not that helpful going by others experiences.

Or try the FLA if the above rejects again and if these fail then contact the FOS who may then suggest the underwriter/insurer avenue as another direction to take.

Hope this helps, good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs